Bacon, Egg and Hash Brown Biscuit Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups frozen country-style shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- HEAT oven to 400º F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Beat eggs, milk, sour cream, garlic salt, mustard and pepper in large bowl with whisk until blended. Set aside.
- PLACE flour in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk. Stir just until dough leaves sides of bowl. Press into bottom of prepared dish with floured hands.
- STIR potatoes, onions and cheeses into egg mixture until blended. Pour over dough. Spread evenly. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with bacon. Cool 10 minutes before serving.