Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 quart ice cream any flavor
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- LINE 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat foil lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using the oil, water and eggs. Bake in prepared pan according to package directions. Cool completely.
- REMOVE from pan using edges of foil. Cut twelve 2 1/2-inch circles using biscuit cutter. Place rounded 1/2 cup scoop ice cream on each circle. Place on baking sheet. Freeze until firm.
- BEAT egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high speed after each addition. Continue beating until stiff and glossy. Fold in almond extract. Spread over ice cream and brownie base. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Cover loosely until ready to serve.
- HEAT oven to Broil setting. Broil desserts 3 to 4 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Drizzle topping on serving plates before placing desserts on top. Serve immediately.
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 3 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by lordjim delicious While this did take some time to prepare, it was worth it. Very good....great taste. Will probably save this for special occasions. April 8, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by duster Very Tasty Easy enough to make and they taste great. You cannot lose with this one. March 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by catgoddess wow...awesom a fantastically lovely dessert! delicious, a little work, but worth it. March 25, 2013
1-3 of 3