Citrus Shrimp Taco Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (1.25 oz.) envelope regular or hot taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 (8 3/4 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 (12 oz.) package ready-to-serve iceberg lettuce salad blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Mexican cheese blend
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat both sides of tortillas with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle top surface of tortillas with a total of 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix. Rub with fingers to coat surface evenly. Place each tortilla in an 8-inch round cake pan, seasoned side up, pressing tortillas down to line pan and form bowl shape. Pierce each tortilla 4 to 5 times with sharp knife. Bake tortillas 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove tortilla bowls from pans and place on individual serving plates.
- COMBINE marmalade, salad dressing, lime juice and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix in large bowl; stir until blended. Add black beans, tomato, corn, cilantro and green onions, stirring until blended.
- STIR shrimp and oil in medium bowl to coat. Stir in remaining taco seasoning mix to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- DIVIDE salad mix into tortilla bowls. Top with black bean mixture. Spoon shrimp on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 4 out of 5 by NemawPam Quick & Tasty Dinner This is great for when you get home from work and don't feel like standing in the kitchen for an hour. My family loves it and ask for it all the time. I make this about once every two weeks to avoid burn out! April 3, 2013
1-1 of 1