Almond Peach Shortcake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted*, chopped and divided
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups peaches peeled, sliced and sweetened to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped with 1 tablespoon sugar
- HEAT oven to 425º F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- RESERVE 2 tablespoons almonds. Combine flour, sugar and remaining almonds in large bowl. Whisk 1/3 cup cream, egg, butter and almond extract in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture to make dough. Spoon 8 individual mounds onto prepared baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Split shortcakes in half; place on individual serving plates. Fill and top with peaches and whipped cream. Sprinkle with reserved toasted almonds.
- *Toasted almonds: Place almonds in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350º F. for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally until golden brown.