Samosa Taquitos with Apricot Chutney Sauce
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 bag (30-oz size) frozen country-style shredded hash brown potatoes (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen spinach
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (10.5 oz) Old El Paso® flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (12 tortillas)
- 1 jar (12 oz.) Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- Remaining Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and potatoes; cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are thoroughly cooked and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach in microwave as directed on box. Drain spinach; cool 5 minutes. Carefully squeeze with paper towels to drain. Pull spinach apart into smaller pieces. Measure 4 teaspoons of the chiles; reserve remaining chiles for sauce.
- Stir spinach, 4 teaspoons chiles, the salt, coriander, 1 teaspoon garam masala and 1/2 teaspoon ginger into potato mixture. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixed and thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; gently stir in lemon juice.
- Place about 1/4 cup potato filling on each tortilla, 1/2 inch from one side. Starting at side with filling, tighlty roll up each tortilla around filling; place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush taquitos with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir sauce ingredients until well mixed. Serve warm taquitos with sauce for dipping.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2008
Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 4 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 by maremo great This is a great recipe and the combo of spinach and potoe is great. Love the aripcot used April 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DKStraub Very Good I love these potato spinach taquitos. They are very flavorful and crispy good. The sauce is sweet and spicy just the way I like it. March 12, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by SarahParm Delicious Delicious Combintaion. I especially like the apricot chutney. February 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by BusyBee Different I tried these recently for something a bit different. They are very flavorful, and the apricot sauce is a tasty dipping sauce that could be used many ways. February 4, 2013
1-4 of 4