Cream of Peanut Soup
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 Cups
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup milk
- Snipped chives
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- MELT butter in medium saucepan. Cook celery and onion until onion is tender, but not browned. Stir in flour and cook about one minute. Whisk in chicken broth, cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- REMOVE from heat. Puree mixture in batches, in a blender, until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- ADD the peanut butter and milk, stirring to blend thoroughly. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with snipped chives and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Rated 2 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 2 out of 5 by twinmom a little bland after adding broth and simmering for quite a while it was not thickening up. it did get thicker though after adding the peanut butter and the soup cooled a little. overall it needs more flavor. January 29, 2013
1-1 of 1