Cherry Angel Cream Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Angel Food Premium Cake Mix prepared according to package directions
- or 1 (10 or 12 oz.) prepared round angel food cake frozen for easy slicing
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- 2 (21 oz.) cans cherry or peach pie filling
- CUT cake into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange half the slices in even layer in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- BLEND sweetened condensed milk, water and almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Add pudding mix. Beat 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken. Fold in whipped cream.
- SPREAD half the cream mixture over cake slices. Top with 1 can pie filling. Top with remaining cake slices, remaining cream mixture and 1 can pie filling. Cover and chill 4 hours.