Classic Cornbread Stuffing
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (19 oz.) package Martha White® Family Size White Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 10-inch ovenproof skillet or 8x8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions using the milk and eggs. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Crumble cornbread to make 6 cups.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 13x9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Combine onion mixture, crumbled cornbread, bread cubes, parsley, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and broth in large bowl. Mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.