Banana Nut Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray the bottoms only of two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, mashed banana, eggs, nuts and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- ADD dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 60 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 19 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by aldo12 Delicious bread. This bread is made with all natural ingredients and is simple to make.It is the perfect bread to be used as a snack anytime of the day. January 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by lordjim Moist and delicious Made this Christmas morning to go with breakfast. So good. Lots of flavor, very airy (not super dense like some breads get). It was delicious plain, out of the oven, as well as with butter. December 31, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Roger Easy & Tasty I make this all the time for myself and to share with family and friends. It's fast and easy and everyone always likes it. December 27, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by robnry Its okay This bread turned out very dense. I prefer a fluffier bread, a bit more on the lighter side. This bread was very heavy. Otherwise it was fine. December 27, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by tammkey cooling time make sure you let it cool in the pan before you try to remove it!!! i had to leave out the nuts but it definately has great taste....still needs nuts or dried fruit May 7, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by leeleebear An interestingly citrus twist When I started preparing this recipe, I found I was out of vanilla extract. I'd already mashed the bananas, so I had to do something with them. I did have orange extract so used that instead. Amazing! January 15, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by NoviceBaker67 It's pretty good. I'm a novice baker, so I this was my first time baking bread. It turned out really well. The only reason I did not give it five stars was because I thought it needed more banana. I made my loaves separately. I made one the other day and the second is in the oven as I'm typing. I added an extra banana to my first loaf (a total of 4 large bananas), but it just wasn't enough. I added two more to this one. Hopefully it'll turn out better. I loved making this though, and I'll probably do make it again. December 11, 2011