Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Trim asparagus, snapping off tough ends. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the center of a rimmed baking sheet; spread asparagus evenly in the pan, in a single layer. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- ROAST 5 minutes for crisp-tender asparagus, 8 minutes for softer asparagus.
- TRANSFER asparagus to serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve immediately.
- ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH PARMESAN: Substitute 1 pound fresh broccoli, large leaves and woody stalks removed, cut into 2-inch long pieces. Follow directions above, except roast 5 minutes, turn broccoli; roast an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 4 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DKStraub Very Good The roasted asparagus is very good. I love the texture and the cheese really makes the flavor pop. March 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by grammielee Sooooooo good!!!!! Being a lover of asparagus, I don't like to mask it's taste in any way. Usually I just roast it but adding the Parmesan cheese is truly a tasty recipe. It made a great alternative to enjoy. March 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by janjon This recipe is so easy and good for you I have been making my asparagus roasted in the over like this for a couple of years. I use Crisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil it gives a little bit of extra flavor and it is good for your heart. March 7, 2013
1-4 of 4