Chinese Cabbage Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 large head Napa or chinese cabbage
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 (3 oz.) packages ramen noodles crushed (save seasoning packets for another use)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- CHOP cabbage leaves. Discard tough white portion at the base of each leaf. Combine cabbage and green onions.
- MELT butter in large skillet. Add sesame seeds, crushed noodles and sliced almonds. Cook and stir until noodles are golden brown. Add to cabbage.
- WHISK sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Whisk in vegetable oil in a slow, steady stream. Continue to whisk until well combined. Pour over cabbage just before serving.
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 6 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 by SarahParm Delicious, Light, and Refreshing Delicious, Light, and Refreshing. Great weeknight meal March 26, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by maremo great This is a great receipe for a light supper or late lunch YUM! February 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by dgabe Chinese Cabbage Salad Easy recipe to follow. Very tasty salad. I added the red flakes even though indicated optional. The sesame seeds really add to the flavor. February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DKStraub Delicious I love the cabbage salad. The dressing is tangy and delicious. I nice change of pace. February 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Eddy Good Base This is perfect as a main dish, with the addition of some leftover fish or chicken. The dressing is a bit bland, but adding a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil is all it needs. January 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pankygirl absolutely fantastic This recipe is so easy to throw together.My sister turned me on to this a few years ago.The taste is so different than most salads,its got so much taste.Try this,you wont be disapointed.I promise.Bet you cant eat just one serving!!!!!! June 13, 2012
1-6 of 6