Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 loaf French bread, diagonally sliced
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Crosse & Blackwell® Capers
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, coarsely chopped
- 4 breakfast sausage links, cooked, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- Sharp Cheddar cheese
- HEAT broiler. Brush both sides of bread with oil and place on a large baking sheet. Toast bread under broiler on both sides.
- MELT butter in medium pan over medium heat. Add capers to beaten eggs. Add eggs to pan and scramble to desired doneness.
- DIVIDE eggs, bacon, sausage and tomatoes between bread slices. Top with cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Try serving with fresh seasonal berries.