Country Pumpkin Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup raisins or white raisins
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- POUR boiling water over raisins in colander. Drain. Press lightly to remove excess water.
- BEAT melted shortening, sugar, pumpkin and eggs in large bowl on medium-high speed of electric mixer for 5 minutes. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, salt and cloves in medium bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture, 1 cup at a time, beating at low speed after each addition until blended. Stir in raisins. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan. Place cake, top side up, on wire rack. Cool completely. Place cake on serving plate.
- BEAT shortening and powdered sugar in small mixing bowl with an electric mixer until blended. Add vanilla and milk. Beat at high speed until smooth and frosting is desired spreading consistency. Frost top and side of cake. Press nuts onto sides and outside top edge of cake.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 5 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DKStraub Very Good The pumpkin cake is delicious. It can be a meal, snack, or dessert. I enjoy it the most for breakfast. April 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by t13me12roper Love it This re ceipe is a great way to start the fall holidays with all the great smells coming from the kitchen! March 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by maremo good and great This re ceipe is a great way to start the fall holidays with all the great smells coming from the kitchen! February 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by pfarrout Yummy I bake this recipe in loaf pans around the holidays and give as gifts. Freezes great. June 5, 2012
1-5 of 5