Black Cat Jamboree Cake
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 black licorice twist cut in half lengthwise
- 2 strands black string licorice
- 6 chocolate covered mint patties
- 1 small black gumdrop
- 2 large orange gumdrops
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package using oil, water and eggs. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- SPREAD frosting over top of cake. To decorate, place licorice twist halves on cake to resemble fence, using twists for fence. To make 3 cats, use 2 mints for each cat; place on fence. Use string licorice for tails and whiskers. Cut ears from black gumdrop; place on cats. On sugared surface, roll out orange gumdrops; cut into crescent moon shape. Place on cake.
- Any flavor cake mix can be substituted. Follow directions on package.
- High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- ADD 1/3 cup flour to dry cake mix. Increase water to 1 1/3 cups. Bake as directed above.