Crispy Potato Pancakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 20 pancakes
- 4 cups freshly grated Idaho potatoes
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup grated onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil for frying
- RINSE shredded potatoes under slowly running cold water about 5 minutes. Drain well; pat completely dry.
- BEAT together eggs and flour in large bowl until smooth. Add onion, salt and nutmeg. Add grated potatoes and mix well.
- HEAT 1/2-inch oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drop 1/4-cup portions potato batter into oil. Do not flatten.
- TURN after 2 minutes. Flatten slightly; cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with applesauce, fried apples or a dollop of sour cream.
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 2 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DKStraub Very Good The potato pancakes are crispy with a nice texture. I prefer to leave out the nutmeg in this recipe. I replaced it with Mrs. Dash and it is very good with some grated cheese over the top. March 29, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by maremo easy Great receipe and tastes are excellent. A good dish with great nutition March 3, 2013
1-2 of 2