Cranberry Almond Crumb Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- or 1/4 cup Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray 12 muffins cups with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cranberries with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- STIR together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Whisk egg, oil, milk, orange juice and orange peel in small bowl, mixing well. Add egg mixture all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in cranberries. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- COMBINE sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in butter using a fork. Stir in almonds and oats. Sprinkle over muffins.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 3 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by vhfvhf Just Tart Enough Fresh cranberries make all the difference. Dried ones just would not be as good. These muffins have just the right amount of tart. What a great breakfast. They are worth the time and they freeze well. February 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by CraftsyTeacher Best muffins I've made! I do a lot of baking & these were the best muffins I've ever made! The batter was perfect for 12 evenly sized muffins & the tops rounded beautifully! My picky kids loved them too! Next time I make them, I plan to add a little vanilla extract to the egg mixture to bring out some of the flavor. For the top, I simply sprinkled cinnamon sugar and a few sliced almonds. Didn't add oats or any extra butter & we didn't miss them. December 9, 2012
1-3 of 3