Cherry Cream Cheese Brunch Cake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Pillsbury Baking Spray with Flour
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour divided
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg lightly beaten, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Combine flour, sugar, shortening and butter in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 3/4 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- BLEND baking powder, baking soda and salt into remaining crumb mixture. Add sour cream, egg and almond extract, beating at medium speed until well blended. Spread batter in bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan.
- For Filling: BEAT cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add egg, beating just until blended. Spread over cake batter.
- SPOON cherry pie filling evenly over entire surface. Combine reserved crumb mixture and almonds. Sprinkle evenly over cherry layer.
- BAKE 60 to 65 minutes or until edges are a deep golden brown. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove sides from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 3 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by IRDS Worth Making Prep time is not too bad so this cake is worth making. Turned out really moist and tasty. Will make again. March 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by pfarrout Grreat At our church we had a dessert social and I made this and it was gobbled up. June 5, 2012
1-3 of 3