Cherry Almond Bundt® Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries juice reserved
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice reserved from maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Slivered almonds
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 12-cup Bundt® pan heavily with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- DRAIN maraschino cherries, reserving juice. Measure 1 tablespoon juice for frosting. Measure 1/2 cup juice for cake (add water if necessary to equal 1/2 cup liquid). Reserve 3 whole cherries. Chop remaining cherries into small pieces.
- BEAT shortening, sugar and eggs with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add chopped cherries, 1/2 cup reserved cherry juice, flour, baking powder, milk and almond extract. Beat at low speed until blended, scraping bowl constantly. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and center springs back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto serving dish. Cool completely.
- BLEND powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon reserved cherry juice, milk and almond extract in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Cut reserved cherries in half. Decorate cake with cherry halves and sliced almonds.
- If the inside of your pan is black or dark-colored, reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Bake as directed above.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 2 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by HezziD Pretty and Delicious I made this cake using frozen cherries I had in my freezer instead of the jarred cherries but it was easy to make and the flavor of it was amazing! The cake is moist and delicious and the cherries really shine in the cake. Topped with the glaze and fresh cherries is beautiful as well! March 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by TexasCookie Delicious! Not hard to make, although chopping the cherries up took a bit of time. The cake was great though and everyone loved it. This one won't last long. November 6, 2011
1-2 of 2