Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium)
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a tube pan or fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Add milk, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Beat at low speed until blended, scraping bowl frequently. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts. Spoon into prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth and of desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake.