Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (3.5 oz.) bag plain microwave popcorn popped (about 11 cups)
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- HEAT oven to 250ºF. Coat a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan or two 13x9-inch baking pans with no-stick cooking spray. Place popcorn in extra-large bowl. Remove unpopped kernels.
- MELT shortening in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda. Evenly pour over popped corn, quickly stirring until popcorn is evenly coated. Place in prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Break into bite-size pieces.
Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 4 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pops GreatRecipe Simple and tasty I used to make this recipe using butter instead of the Crisco Butter Flavored, this is lower in total calories and doesn't lose a thing taste wise. Very good recipe for the holidays, card parties, anytime you just want something different than just "Microwaved Popcorn" April 5, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by SWEETHOME Oh, so good popcorn I am going to make this tonight for my family, I will also share the recipe April 5, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by IRDS A Good Treat I tried this recipe last night. My husband & I thought it had enough caramel flavor to it but my son thought it couold use a little more. Will try again. March 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by SarahParm Homemade Goodness I love caramel corn and there is nothing better than homemade. March 14, 2013
1-4 of 4