Biscuit Topped Deep Dish Chicken Bake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen vegetable blend
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken, turkey, or ham
- BISCUIT TOPPING
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT shortening in large saucepan. Add onion and celery. Cook and stir on medium heat until onion is tender. Add frozen vegetables and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
- STIR in flour, parsley, Italian seasoning and pepper. Add milk and bouillon granules. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to boil. Remove from heat. Add chicken. Pour into prepared casserole.
- BISCUIT TOPPING
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and parsley in small bowl; cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk. Stir with fork until blended. Drop by spoonfuls on top of casserole to form 8 biscuits.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are browned.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1 reviewer.
Rated 4 out of 5 by snapper Biscuit/Chicken goodness Except for quite a few ingredients required to prepare this recipe - I thought it turned out pretty good and will make it again. March 1, 2013
1-1 of 1